What is THE ORIGINAL TARO CHIP?
The Original Taro Chip is a crispy, healthy, delicious snack alternative that is MADE IN ONTARIO! This certified gluten free, vegan chip is cooked in non-GMO sunflower oil and is packed with extra nutrients provided by super spices such as turmeric, chili, paprika, cumin and organic garlic. Available in Roasted Garlic with Turmeric and Spicy Mayon Heat.
What is Taro Root?
Taro root is a starchy root vegetable originally cultivated in Asia but now enjoyed around the world. It has a brown outer skin and white flesh with purple specks throughout.
When cooked, it has a mildly sweet taste and texture similar to potato.
It normally grows well and produces high yield when cultivated in more suitable areas favoured with the right soil and rainfall needed by the crop
Benefits of Taro
- Rich in Fiber, resistant starch and other important nutrients
- Manganese, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Potassium, Copper, Vitamin C, Phosphorus, Magnesium
- Controls Blood Sugar
- Helps slow down digestion and absorption of other carbs
- Resistant starch that doesn’t raise blood sugar levels
- Reduce Risk of Heart Disease
- Twice the amount of fiber than potatoes
- Weight Control
- Resistant starch and fiber slows stomach emptying
- Good for Your Gut
- When the non-digested fiber & resistant starch reach your colon, they become food for the microbes in your gut and promote healthy bacteria growth
- Anticancer Properties
- Contains polyphenols (quercetin) comparable to onions, apples & tea
THE ORIGINAL BLUE CHIP
Blue Potatoes are a late season HERITAGE variety. Dark purple skin on round to oblong tubers, plants are very heavy setting so give them more room in the row. It withstands dry conditions better than most. Their texture is much like a russet so they are good to bake or mash, cook as French fry or even make into chips; but they also can be steamed or boiled. Roasting or grilling the halves will actually darken the colour.
Benefits of Blue Potatoes
Blue potatoes are packed with antioxidants and are especially rich in polyphenol antioxidants called anthocyanins. Higher anthocyanin intake is linked to several benefits, including healthier cholesterol levels, improved vision and eye health and a reduced risk of heart disease, certain cancers and diabetes.
NEW! THE ORIGINAL AMAROSA CHIP
Amarosa Potatoes are a similar variety of our Blue Potatoes. A redish-pink skin on round to oblong tubers that packs a different taste and excellent crunch!